From bodcats:
I have no idea about Jake, but Russians do not need to hit EU. It would be incredibly reckless for me to support this knowing that you guys get all the clues and abstain from posting all of them, and plus, why would we need to hit the EU? It makes no sense if you can win with us. And you should know all the Russians by now I think :
Okay, so I honestly don't know what's going on with the clue. I have a few theories but:
1. For Jake to do something like this, he must have some secret ability. And I don't think he would be the only one with this ability, so the American president has something identical. If you could find out if that's really the case: then, the following things are possible.
1a. Severus converted Jake (By force I think because I don't see a reason for Jake to join willingly..), Jake is doing something.But then why didn't Severus convert you? major_pain? meri? If he's working with VC there's really no reason to convert *them*. In fact the greatest danger to VC was not that they were going to be hit, but that they kept on getting lynched: if teh cult had control over you, major, meri, they'd have vote power to stop the lynch.
They'd get whatever info you had, and the fact that the EU doesn't need to support anyone at all makes them less of a target.And anyways, why didn't he convert me? My role has to be pretty known since I got detective checked by the Americans, and the scientist is a much more important role than the chairman since tech boosts all Russian allies and by now the groups are pretty much set.
Plus it's odd that he can convert someone who is protected by a bodyguard. Only logical reason I think would be that he'd have known that Jake had some secret ability, something that I myself had no knowledge of :However, Jake had been asking about some of the other Russians since I have been withholding names from him apart from the medic, as it was not necessary to risk a connection between unknowns when Jake was still underground. And he has faction checked femalefox66 even though he could have just asked me if she was Russian or not, though maybe that's because she came up in the narrative.
1b. Jake is not converted, doing all this by himself.Possible, but I see no reason for it...if we can win with EU why risk that with an attack on them? I want to make clear, I have had no change in win condition and I assume that we can win by killing Americans and VC. I will try to talk to Jake myself to find out what's up :But what if the American president didn't have any secret ability? Then I don't see this as possibly true. It's odd that if Severus did also convert Lan'h and Chie'n but neither showed up as anything other than VC upon checks and death.
This could be a ME thing but you know all the ME that I do, and the clue specficially said that Nikita was not available for comment so I don't think it would. :Or this could be Umi trying to balance the game since America has fallen behind: EU could then switch to supporting America, release all the names of Russians they know and really screw us over.
SO that's basically why I'm PMing you.Gabe has told me that zero is VC and I am supporting him for lynch. I think if you release something saying that Jake is trying to kill EU or something it would weaken the vote as Americans are looking for an excuse to lynch Russians to try to even the count. But it's up to you.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Why Russia Gotta Hate?
Labels:
bringerofdoom,
Gabe,
Gasp It's A Jake,
ME,
Nikita,
Septim Severus,
VC,
zero_kanipan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
some thoughts
ReplyDelete1) BOD is a very smart player and i don't trust him to be telling the truth if in fact their win condition includes getting rid of the EU. He certainly seems interested in keeping this out of the news and interested in deflecting blame to the ME and Serv. PLus he says he has no 'change in win condition' but who knows what their condition was from the start ;).
2) We still have that clue that the US was researching something to do with 'Media Bias'. It is possible that that research gave them the ability to plant fake news.
So what do we do? I'm still planing on voting for zero (and hoping he's not the escapist) but i do think it would be interesting to put this in the news to put the USSR 'on the spot' publicly.
It IS inherently possible that the clue referring to Dr. Stevens publishing a report on propaganda wasn't referring to his slight loss of control in the thread, but was actually referring to the newly researched ability to send out false clues and news messages.
ReplyDeleteThis makes sense, being that every single day, the other reporter and I received the same number of clues, but today I received one and he received two. It also follows, being that the length of the clue is rather longer than usual.
Hmm... maybe it IS possible that the clue is a fabrication?
Either way, we'll know for sure when BoD gets back to us about what Jake had to say. If Jake says he didn't do it, then it could be a forgery by the Americans to get us to go against the Russians.
I as doubtful that the clue was about thread behaviour in the first place and have been trying to figure out what it was about. Considering the verbose nature of the clue (and the fact it is a extra one but i guess that's always a possibility when giving clues) I'm guessing it is related to the American research.
ReplyDeleteOk. So the final answer is that the "clue" about the Russian missile crisis is ballocks. We continue "keikaku doori" and keep killing the Americans and the VC.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of which, Stage should vote for Argui instead of Zero. BoD and I have figured out that Zero is probably Due, who is the acrobat. If we lynch him, he'll escape. Therefore, we should lynch Argui, who was found to be the last VC.
One more thing...
ReplyDeleteAfter talking with BoD, I had an evil plan. :3
Why don't I make a comment in my post including the clue reflecting the so-called Russian missile crisis and acting betrayed and upset. Stage can follow on my heels with a comment about how the Russian allies are no longer reliable and we will be working with the Americans.
After this happens, it's entirely possible that Sky will contact us, then we can mine him for more information about the remaining Americans.
What say you, Madame President?
Lynch Argui:
ReplyDeleteYep, I suggested that he use the KGB narrative check to ask if Nyugen was Zero, since it's obvious that Nyugen = Armorer by the narrative. If yes, lynch. If no, then Argui it's Argui by default. Lynch.
Don't know if that's what he did or not.
Evil Plan:
Not all the Russians are in contact with each other. Plus, I know all the Americans, though not their role, so it's silly to mine them. Fact is I have better intel on the Americans, because I know who their sniper is and they don't. I have a vague idea of who the medic is down to two users, but I'm awaiting confirmation.
Really, Sky is only interested in mining /me/ for info. I have nothing to gain from him (short of the president, but then the VC leaked that, maybe. They were right about Jake) that everyone else hasn't rode like the community bicycle the way he leaks.
Fake News:
I agree with both reporters on fake news, because Umino has never had the clues related to the thread commentary and I see no reason why he would now. Plus, that clue is /way/ verbose compared to how Umino writes them. Total fraud~
Voting:
Walter's user is more known than the hidden reporter, so he should totally vote. If you haven't been in contact with other users, I'd advise staying put. Mainly because there's always the possibility that the ME need us out of the way to win, and the less of you that are out there, the better. Now KGB checks are only going to show possible EU or ME voters.