Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More Questions Than Answers

Ok, so many interesting tidbits came out of the narrative today:

Firstly, Neo somehow voted for himself. This is highly unlikely to be something that he did on purpose, unless the speculation on whether he had to die to join the "true faith" hold true. BoD's speculations that the "corn-on-the-cob" could be referring to the American sockpuppet makes me a little concerned because that means that the Americans killed their own. The International Relations degree makes me wonder as well. It might be wise to sort through everyone's profile descriptions and see if anyone has an International Relations degree listed as something they have or do.

The unspeculated theory thus far is that Neo was the same role he was last game (i.e. Harlequin i.e. Masquerader) and they knew about it and killed him. With his back and forth after the whole "What? Me? Lynch BK?" jazz, it could very well be possible.

In the meantime, I haven't received any clues from Umi about this and I doubt we will. It seems our reporting only covers the night actions.

I'm going to still put together a news blurb about it (mostly for the lulz) and I'll probably throw a few of these speculations out there. Think I should throw in some smoke about the VC?

8 comments:

  1. I think including some of the speculation about Mei Ling would be good.

    Of course i got no new news and the only person that's Pm'ed me is BBC who asked my faction in his round about way (I told him i was laying low till the midgame and i had unsexy role)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like Neo has voted for me afterall. And regarding Mei ling, she's been trying to get me lynched by connecting me to her. You may want to put something in there about Bush, maybe try connecting him to Mei Ling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Neo were the Masquerader I highly doubt it would have showed up as American when he was lynched. This is a surprising turn, as I thought for sure Neo was Russian or VC, on account of going after BK, whom I have suspected American.

    The Americans wouldn't lynch their own would they? Then again, if Neo was shooting his mouth off and trying to lynch one of their own, maybe they would...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't make sense though... BK would have at least tried to reason with him, provided she was at least partially convinced that he was American. In the last game, I shivved Neo, who popped as a Gryff which had both BoD and I completely stumped until Sky had him revealed. I can see Neo acting American and revealing after night actions as VC Masquerader. I won't bet money or organs, but I'm fairly confident that it's at least a possibility.

    I'd also like to say that if I had been mafia, Meri would have died first :V simply because she's undefended and that would have been within my win conditions. But meh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word. We need to find medics and see if we can convince any to cover our public figs. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do we know any heads of state? If se we can ask them for medic protection (if they know who their medics are).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a double-edged sword though. They scratch our back, we have to return the favor, in the form of working with them via clues or actual vote support. It seems that Meri has been doing a lot of finagling so maybe she's already come up with a way to keep herself from harm. However, the VC are really dropping the ball by not going balls out and raining death upon us. I've never been mafia in game, but even I know that. :P

    Also, my little jibe at BK was noticed by Spada, but completely downplayed by others including, of all people, Dukat, but it also seems like maybe it may have affected my credibility somewhat :/ Still, for the most part, the clues themselves won't be BS, so at least people can take some solace in that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dukat sent me a PM 'explaining' the BK/neo stuff so i guess he just doesn't want to publicly look like he's paying attention to it.

    And yeah the mafia is using the usual slow mafia strat which NEVER WORKS!

    ReplyDelete